[Wylug-discuss] I am going to see Master of the recycling bin - Do you have any questions.

Graham Whaley graham.whaley at metagence.com
Wed Mar 31 13:12:30 BST 2004

[snip loads...]

> [snip far too large sig, what happenned to them being <= 4 lines?]

 Hmm, that signature.  Believe me, if I could get rid of it, I would.  I
don't think pointing out to the powers that be here that is is probably
meaningless and causes more bad press than good will do anything either :-(

 So, you may notice the '--LongSig' in the message.  On other lists
(majordomo based?), this causes the list to replace the rest of the message
with one line saying something like [truncated by list server], thus
preventing the signature from spreading.  I guess this does not work on this
list.  Does the list have any mechanism for auto truncating long signatures
for those of us who have them thrust upon our emails by the infastructure ?

 Oh, to add a Wylug aspect to this thread.... wonder how many Linux
firewalls we could make from the pile of old PCs that are regularly at the
tip ?

--LongSig

 and if LongSig does nothing, does '--' ??

--

 If you are still seing this then the mailing software did not
auto-truncating :-(

The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachment,
is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely
for the addressee(s) and access to this e-mail by anyone else is
unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying or distribution or use of the information contained in this
e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and then
delete it from your system.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure,
error or virus-free.  The sender does not accept liability for any errors
or omissions which arise as a result.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the author, except
where the author specifies and, with authority, states them to be the
views of Imagination Technologies Ltd.