[Wylug-discuss] : off topic infopoints

che kai.che at ntlworld.com
Sat May 15 18:13:07 BST 2004

Todays info point at the El land road sited Northern Computer markets
was a runaway success. many  discs of free software were handed out and
public curiosity of Linux was gaged.
pretty high actually.
surprisingly many we spoke to had tried it or  at least had heard if it!
[" red hat6 many years ago and went back to windows".]
a good few did not know what it was.

any ideas of what we else  could do?
we have thought of getting the cheapest machine there and putting Linux
on it while we are there to show how it breathes life into old work
horse machines  gathering dust victims of the microsoft beta treadmill!

also DEwindowsing machines to show how easy the installers  have now become.

maybe running a game on some decently do able hardware or running
visual media to attract the crowd.
a dvd or maybe UT2003 or quake III

or an emulator such as mame etc
especially at a bigger event were a bare stand with a some boxes doesnae
really cut it!

and maybe at the bigger events installing Linux onto peoples PS2s [its a
live cd]
and xboxes. punters xboxes and ps2s  will be already chipped etc

bikini clad girls with machine guns was also mentioned though its
relevance to Linux remains unknown

please email any suggestions you have!

on an unrelated note could eric from todays infopoint please email me?