[Wylug-discuss] Communications

Rik Wade rik at rikwade.com
Fri Nov 5 16:24:45 GMT 2004

Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>However, in common with my current policy as seeing every problem as
>something that a wiki will fix, or at least change, or at least share
>the pain....   It also has the advantage the information on there can be
>mutated to something useful, which is a good way to update documentation
>etc.

I'm a massive fan of Wikis and did suggest a WYLUG Wiki on this very
list many months ago. It does require a bit of organisation and one or
more persons to run it, but the results can be worth their weight in gold.

As Nigel says, treat IRC as an informal meeting place, nothing more.
It's certainly not a substitute for a good discussion list.
--
rik