[Wylug-discuss] Webmail recommendations.....

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 11:51:27 GMT 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 11:29:16AM +0000, Jim Jackson wrote:
> A quick look on google shows that everyone and their dog seems to
> have a solution.

Dead right.

> Anyone care to recommend their favorite for me to look
> at? Anyother comments, gotchas etc gratefully received.

I can't stand webmail myself, but squirrelmail and openwebmail seem to
be the most popular among our customers.

Would it be outrageous of me to suggest that WYLUG adopt a voluntary
convention whereby the person who starts this sort of thread is
encouraged to summarise and review findings for the website at the end?

Webmail, ADSL, wireless are just three discussions for which I would
have preferred to read a summary rather than wending my way through an
entire thread and its digressions.

One of the points I intended to elabourate on last night, was the
inadequacy of mailing lists as documentation, especially when it comes
to comparative evaluation.  The conventional 'solution' (FAQs) often
fail to capture, or adequately present, findings from evaluative
discussion.

Dave