[Wylug-discuss] Darn 1AND1

Phil Foxton phil at thefoxtons.org.uk
Fri Nov 12 11:17:13 GMT 2004

Hi,

Just a sorry tale of woe(as much to warn you against a provider as to
get my list emails re-instated!)

I have a .org.uk domain (yes I really am a non-profit making
organisation, it all goes to my wife and child :-) )

I obtained this domain through 1and1

I had to pay a renewal fee in July

The card I had on my account was the old one (having just changed to
chip and pin)

I received an email telling me they couldn't get the money (still in
July)

I changed the details and emailed them to tell them.

Money was taken from my account (only £5.99 but that is not the point)

On Wednesday they locked my account because (they say) I had not paid!

So now I have had to wait the last 4 hours to be able to get my email
again!

Phil