[Wylug-discuss] Linux connection problem

Staniforth, Paul P.Staniforth at leedsmet.ac.uk
Mon Oct 4 14:59:59 BST 2004

Do you have local accounts and YP accounts?
Is the NIS (YP server) running?
Does getent passwd userid get the correct information?
Have you firewalled the YP port, has someone hacked your NIS server.
NIS isn't exactly the most secure how are you finding the NIS server
broadcast or specific IP or DNS address  use ypwhich -m to find out.
Have you configured securenets and done the shadow hack.
Is your PAM configuration correct?

Paul S