[Wylug-discuss] More Free Stuff

Roger Beaumont roger.b at beaunet.force9.net
Thu Oct 21 14:07:27 BST 2004

Been having a shuffle round and came across a Wyse WY-700 (aka Amdek 1280)
screen and ISA card.  Way back when I bought it (1990?), it's spec was pretty
stupendous: 1280x800 px, 160x50 chars - with 4 shades of grey on a 15",
'paper-white' screen.  It has 5 'IBM-PC compatible modes' that the manual
claims not to need any drivers, but they give the old CGA standards: up to
640x200, 80x25.  I have 2 manuals, plus the distribution floppies - 5.25" (I
could transcribe to 3.5") - for DOS.

Could be ideal for a firewall or any other text-only box that has an ISA slot
(I haven't been able to find drivers for X).

Free to anyone who wants to collect it from Keighley.  Email, or ring 01535
607120 if you'd like it.

Otherwise it goes in the skip when I get round to it...

Roger