[Wylug-discuss] OSS posters

Steve King steve at kingsteve.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 12:57:24 BST 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, John Hodrien wrote:

> After seeing the walls of my sister's ICT lab in her school in Harrogate I
> feel compelled to try and gather some good OSS/Linux posters to in some way
> dilute all the microsoft posters.  I'm especially interested in getting a good
> Linux poster to go next to the microsoft anti-piracy one.  Not one of the
> microsoft posters give a positive message about computers.  They're all "Keep
> Patched", "Use Antivirus", "Don't Pirate".  Ugh, it makes me cringe.
>
> Any of you fine folk know of a good source of such things?

I asked SUSE and a few other companies but got no posters back ;-(  We
now have pretty examples of past work up in our lab, and a few posters
from daydreameducation on the walls.  That, and our groovy see through
PC on the wall with little signs saying what each bit does!  (I'll mail
you a photo if you want to pass it on to your sister)

But, get her to take down the MS posters!

Steve