[Wylug-discuss] Talks for the Autumn.....

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Sep 6 17:03:43 BST 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Jim Jackson wrote:

> Ok another gentle reminder and plea - I know its the summer season, and
> things are generally quiet - but not that quiet!

and absolutely no response!

> I've had very little response to my plea for speakers in the autumn.
> Thanks to those who did respond - we have one talk for sept. on Video and
> DVD authoring from James Holden, and Aaron Crane has agreed to give his
> talk on Unicode to the October meeting. Dave Fisher has an idea for talk
> that will provoke and wind us all up - for november (Ithink - that right
> dave?)

Unfortunately James has had to postpone his talk on DVD authoring from
september. So we have no talk.

I could easily dust off the talk I gave at UKUUG on "100 uses for a VPN"
and give that.

If anyone has anything else to offer then please get in touch ASAP

> URGENTLY - we need one more talk for september 13th - still 3 weeks off!
>
> And we need an extra talk in october and november - so roll up!

If you can't do anything for next monday then how about for oct/nov?

cheers
Jim