[Wylug-discuss] Refworks

John Erskine john.erskine at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Sep 12 15:25:46 BST 2004

I'm a part time student at Sheffield Hallam where the web-based
referencing/bibliography software package that the University subscribes to
is called Refworks

URL

http://www.refworks.com/

It's good, allowing you to deal with references easily and create
bibliographies quite easily. Most of the package is platform neutral, but a
small but very useful sub-application called Write'nCite isn't. I took this
up with Refworks, and they aren't entirely happy that it isn't but feel
driven by customer demand to provide something that works with MS Word.

Having looked at my query, they would now be interested in sharing the
Write'n'Cite code with the Open Source community, with a view to getting
something that works on Open Office etc. has anyone any ideas of developers
working anywhere who might be interested in taking this forward?

Incidentally, Sheffield Hallam in its guide to new students doesn't even
mention that there's an alternative to Microsoft software!

Best wishes

John Erskine