[Wylug-discuss] introducing!

Mark P. Conmy mpc at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 14:34:22 BST 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Alastair Moore wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Not sure how busy or otherwise this list is but just joined and haven't
> seen much in the way of posts! Thought I'd introduce myself, I'm fairly
> new to linux although I did tinker with it back in 1994 and have meant
> to move over to it since. However, now I'm making a concerted effort to
> do so. I'm based in Leeds, just wondering if there are regular/irregular
> meetings?

Hi Alastair,

We meet every month (on the second Monday).  It normally involves a
couple of talks from about 7 until 9 followed by (for some) a trip to
the pub.  We meet in the School of Computing at the University of
Leeds - there are more details on the web page.

There's no fee, and everyone's welcome.

Mark