[Wylug-discuss] instant boot on power on........

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 16:12:36 GMT 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 03:15:19PM +0000, Jim Jackson wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Steve King wrote:
> > Many motherboards have a "resume on power failure" option - my Asus
> > motherboard, whatever is in my linux box and a cheapo ECS one all have this.
>
> Mine doesn't - it's a VIA Mini-ITX M6000.
>
> But I'll google around with "resume on power failure" and see what turns
> up.

Hi Jim,

I've had several mini-itx boards, and _all_ of them have had this
feature.

It may have a different name in the VIA BIOS, but I'd be really
surprised if it weren't there somewhere in yours ... especially given
the typical use of such boards.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to reboot the only mini-itx I'm currently
running just to find out the name of the BIOS setting ... but I'll look
in the manual if I can find it.

Dave