[Wylug-discuss] linux laptop - RESUME

Chris James mail at chrisjames.me.uk
Wed Dec 21 11:19:45 GMT 2005

> >  note on IBM: most impressed by available display resolution. I
> >  think there is no other manufacturer that produces e.g. 1600x1200
> >  laptop screens.
>
> I'm not at all convinced by that.  Dell will happily sell you an Inspiron
> with
> a 1920x1200 15.4 or 17 inch screen.

My sister has a Medion laptop from Aldi of all places; it has a spectacular
1600x1200 screen. It's big and heavy though. Build quality is good, made in
the same factory / by the same OEM as the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo range (which
my brother has, very good kit).

Have a look on some of the laptop forums on the web, they will tell you all
you  need to know in very excessive detail about the specs, oem's, model
differences etc of the various laptops.

--
Chris James