[Wylug-discuss] USB Phone, Skype, etc

Will Newton will at misconception.org.uk
Thu Jan 13 12:23:08 GMT 2005

On Thursday 13 Jan 2005 10:31, Dan Walker wrote:
> Does anyone know of a USB phone or headset that works with Skype on Linux ?
>
> This chap <http://kennethhunt.com/archives/001195.html> reckons a
> Logirech USB Playstation2 headset is the one to go for, but I can't find
>    any confirmation of this.

All the headsets I've used have been straightforward USB Audio class devices
so they work a like a USB sound card with a record and a playback channel.
You shouldn't have a problem with any of the ones that work like that for
Skype. There's also some compatability information here:

http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/devices.php