[Wylug-discuss] Portage build options

Dylan fritz at ananzi.co.za
Mon Jan 24 22:08:52 GMT 2005

I'm not talking about the USE flags, but what you say about the separate
file sounds promising. I'll explain my exact problem:

1. I emerged mplayer normally, no hassle.
2. Starting mplayer resulted in an error, which included something about
the build architecture being wrong ie it was compiled for the incorrect cpu
3. I found the solution, to recompile from source with "./configure
--something_something _something", so I downloaded the source manually
and compiled it
4. I had now compiled a working mplayer, but it's not part of Portage

Basically, I'm talking about the something_something part. Even though I
have the generic USE flags set up perfectly, I want to be able to set
that specific option for the compile of mplayer using Portage.

Dylan Bodington