[Wylug-discuss] OU's Microsoft policy

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Tue Jul 19 07:17:41 BST 2005

Roy Mac writes:

> Your frustration is understood.  I have experienced similar with
> NTLWorld and before that Demon - "we only support Windows" or "don't
> support Linux".

The difference is that NTL and Demon are purely commercial services,
aiming to maximize their profits.

It would be nice to think that The Open University had different aims.

(Maybe OpenUni needs forking into FreeUni and NetUni ...)

Smylers
--
May God bless us with enough foolishness to believe that we can make a
difference in this world, so that we can do what others claim cannot be done.