[Wylug-discuss] Free Native Windows Archiver handling tar.gz

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Tue Jun 21 15:27:43 BST 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 03:20:05PM +0100, Dave Whiteley wrote:
> Try Cygwin.
>
> A bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut,

Yep. I should have said that I don't have the time this afternoon to
sensibly configure a cygwin installation ... and I know from past
experience, that it can be a bit of a pain if you don't get the initial
install just right.

> but comes with lots of nice stuff:-
> perl, python, bash and all the rest.

Oh, yes.  I usually do all my Windows-based work via Cygwin, but not
today.

> Give me a ring if you need help, and I will try to wake up some of my dormant
> neurons.

May I reserve the right to do so at a later date?

Dave