[Wylug-discuss] Leeds

Imran Javeed i.javeed at ntlworld.com
Sat Mar 5 19:08:13 GMT 2005

On Monday 07 March 2005 11:59, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:29:27AM +0000, G Quested wrote:
> > >1. Sorry about including the WHOLE Digest in the reply
> > >
> > >2. I meant Chapeltown - very sorry to Chapel Allerton
> >
> > I live in Chapeltown. What's wrong with it?
>
> I lived in Chapeltown over two decades, and while it's certainly not the
> hell-hole that the socially ignorant would have you believe, it's
> certainly not without its problems.  Without denying those problems, I
> can't help feeling that Chapeltown would have a much better image if its
> population were less colourful and people actually looked at the
> objective social statistics.

Could you please explain exactly what you mean by this

"Chapeltown would have a much better image if its
 population were less colourful and people actually looked at the
objective social statistics."

Being positive all the time is what you need to have to survive the ghetto,
most of the people ive known or still know from my peers in chapeltown are
either dead or in prison, Why does this not happen in places such as
Alwoodley and Moortown, Harrogate & Adel

Getto is a place where people have given up on trying to make it, its totally
different from Leeds 6 ( Headingley) where people merely passby for 3-4 yrs
during education.

To some people ignorance is bliss