[Wylug-discuss] Project Management software

Chris Davies chris.davies at bcs.org.uk
Thu May 26 11:31:27 BST 2005

Folks,

Arguably the "industry standard" for Project Management software (de facto
standard if you like) is Microsoft Project.

Before I prepare to fight with Wine has anyone got any workable recommendations
for a native GNU/Linux based project management application? Resource smoothing
is essential, as is being able to mark parts of a person's calendar as unavailable.

The HOWTOs and other googled pages appear to be a little out of date. I've tried
Immendio Planner but its resource handling is, uh, primitive. I've looked at the
FAQs and the like for taskjuggler but not played with it yet. I see there's some
form of KDE GUI for taskjuggler, but I'm not entirely comfortable using a
CVS-based non-release piece of software for serious PM.

Thoughts, please?
Chris
--
Chris Davies MBCS, chris.davies at bcs.org.uk, 07778 199069