[Wylug-discuss] November Meeting: Speekers Needed Urgently

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 10:39:47 BST 2005

Hi All,

I have had no response from my appeal at the last meeting and a couple
of options that I've been exploring personally have failed to come
through, so this is now a fairly urgent appeal.

When I say urgent, I mean that it will help everyone if we can get the
subject matter fixed in the next week or so.

That still leaves almost a month in which to prepare, so if anyone has
even the vaguest of ideas about something they might like to talk about,
please get in touch.  I am sure that we can work out some way of meeting
most requirements.

Remember, even a 5-10 minute slot about an application or application
use will be of interest to someone  ... and you could always just bring
along a really juicy question for the 'ask the audience' session.

I'll try to compile a list of previous topic requests and post it
sometime in the next 24 hours, but please don't feel in anyway
constrained to stick to that list.

In particular, don't feel constrained by the need to come up with
something of universal appeal.  A good talk on an esoteric topic will be
just (or even more) appreciated than a mediocre talk on a newbie
subject.

Feel free to reply off-list if there are any particular questions that
you would like to ask.

Dave