[Wylug-discuss] Future meetings.........

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Sep 13 10:20:43 BST 2005

The attendance last night was small, but again very select :-) Paul Brook
gave a good talk on QEMU, but I appreciate the topic was maybe a bit
esoteric[1], and I hadn't managed to find a second talk.

We have had a long standing offer of a talk for October from a US outfit
Coraid Inc.

  http://www.coraid.com/

who are coming over for the UK Linux World 5-6 October

  http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.uk/

The talk is on "EtherDrive - open source network storage" is also a bit
esoteric, and I'm wondering whether it's worth them hanging on in the UK
and coming north for a meeting where we might not make an audience of 20.

I'm minded to cancel. Any comments?

Dave Fisher has said he's happy to take over as WYLUG organiser.
I'll leave Dave to say more. But would urge people to offer assistance.

Jim

[1] This is part of the world moving bit. several years ago we tended to
have more interest in "esoteric" topics. This is part of why I'm moving on
too - to allow others to organise more relevant talks.