[Wylug-discuss] Good news or bad?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 13:08:40 BST 2005

We've been with Mailbox ever since we went broadband, 3 years ago, and been
very happy with them.  In particular, they are sympathetic to linux users,
and talk to you like an intelligent human being.  Also, when you set up an
account with them you get the choice of windows or linux servers for your
webspace.

Today I got a message that starts like this:

On the home page of our website http://www.mailbox.net.uk/ there is a press
release confirming the acquisition of Mailbox Internet by Leeds based 186k
Ltd, formerly the telecoms subsidiary of the Lattice Group.

Should I be pleased, or worried?  I see that 186k were at one time owned by
Transco, but not now, if I read that aright.  Does anyone know of them?

Anne
Mandriva hints & tips: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org