[Wylug-discuss] Computers to recycle / donate

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 09:46:28 BST 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 09:26:22AM +0100, gARetH baBB wrote:
> Yay, 2-3 lines of content, 23 lines of utter rubbish. Plus HTML.
>
> I decline the terms of your post.
>
> If you intend to put stupid disclaimers on emails, especially to mailing
> lists, be prepared to be ridiculed for it.

Dear Gareth,

While I share your feelings about disclaimers themselves, I don't think
that this sort of comment really helps, since:

  1. Most disclaimers are attached automatically, without the poster
  having much say in the matter.

  2. You quoted the disclaimer in question, thereby helping it to fulfil
  its original authors' pernicious viral objectives.

Dave