[Wylug-discuss] Computers to recycle / donate

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 11:55:58 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 11:29 +0100, Stephen Garton wrote:
> There's also Freecycle in Leeds, where I'm sure that Given-away pc's
> will always go down well!

Going off at a slight tangent...
With the current legislation on disposal, companies need to be able to
document how any of kit is disposed of (since if the stuff turns up in a
landfill or just dumped later, it could be traced back to them and they
held responsible for it, unless there is appropriate disposal
paperwork).

Presumably for companies to make equipment available to people (either
by selling it or giving it away), they need to be able to raise
appropriate paperwork for this to ensure they don't get hammered later
on.

Does anyone know what level of paperwork is required?  Can it actually
be provided by an individual or is this effectively requiring that
everything go through another party who provides the appropriate
paperwork (for an appropriate set of fees etc)?

	Nigel.