[Wylug-discuss] CMS/Blog - Any recommendations?

bytey bytey at bytey.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 13:33:14 BST 2006

Hi,
> > I'm looking to see if anone has a recommendation for a lightweight CMS/Blog.  I'm looking to host it on my cheapo (free) webspace, therefore I'm looking for:
> > * Something in Perl or PHP
> > * MySQL DB support
> > * No need to chmod a bunch of directories to 777
> > So if you know something that fits the bill I'm all ears  :)
> > Robert

I'd agree wordpress is very flexible in many ways and very well documented should you want to write your own plugins.

Also on the permission side of things it should be no problem unless you want to edit you themes using the built in editor in which case you will need to set the perms for the theme dir.

Wayne