[Wylug-discuss] WYLUG website

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 03:20:44 BST 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 01:12:01AM +0100, Louisa Parry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> List newbie here so apologies if this has been discussed several (or
> more) times before but...
>
> Are there any plans to develop the website further at all? eg, to make
> it more friendly and appealing to outsiders/newbies, to keep it more
> up-to-date, and to create a sense of the WYLUG community?
>
> (Also, are there any public archives for the 'discuss' mailing list so I
> can see what's been discussed previously?)

Hi Louisa,

Yes there are plans to develop the website ... in fact one one the
reasons for the current site's sorry state is that it is difficult to
manage, i.e. it's been hard to resist the temptation to put off new
content authorship until the replacement setup is in commission.

After many months of frustration, we've recently managed to get a test
site up and running (many thanks to Mark Conmy).

I've set aside some time this month to run some necessary tests.

Assuming those tests go well, I'm aiming to port all the old content and
launch the new site before September.

Aside from using a CMS to make updates easier, one of my key objectives
for the new site is to encourage participation from the wider
membership.

As far as the archives are concerned, please see:

  http://list.wylug.org.uk/pipermail/wylug-discuss/

Dave