[Wylug-discuss] Setting the size of the gnome-terminal

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Sun Aug 13 14:04:40 BST 2006

On Sunday 13 August 2006 13:56, Dave Fisher wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 01:17:27PM +0100, David Holden wrote:
> > anyone know how to set the size of the gnome-terminal on opening.
> >
> > I'm using ubuntu.
>
> Try
>
>   gnome-terminal --geometry=80x45
>
> Distro shouldn't matter.
>
> I'd expect that you could include the option in your default
> gnome-terminal settings to make it work automatically.

 Thanks, this works but it also seems to stop the window manager placing the
terminal, is there anyway to do this but still allow the window manager to
the continue placing the terminal?

> Dave
>
> P.S. This question should probably have gone to the wylug-help mailing
> list.

OK, just subscribed to this.

 Cheers,

 Dave.

Dr. David Holden.

See: <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
regarding Word or PowerPoint. GPG key available on request.