[Wylug-discuss] Re: Supply of a Linux server and support

Simon Owen simon at minervaappointments.com
Wed Aug 30 14:52:13 BST 2006

Hello,

We are looking to buy a server for our office of 13 people running Microsoft
XP and have been looking at Microsoft based servers, but I am keen to
explore the open source route. We are a recruitment company (in construction
and engineering) with a web based database system so we would not need a
vast amount of storage. I have been trying to find a supplier of a server
running Linux who is also able to support it in the Yorkshire area with
little success.

Is there anybody who is part of the WYLUG who would be able to point me in
the right direction at all? I've struggled with Google (but found
yourselves!) and the Yellow Pages to no avail.

Thanks a lot,

Simon

Simon Owen FREC DipRP

Director

Tel:         0113 244 6181

Fax:        0113 242 6181

Mobile:    07971 695 625

Website: www.minervaappointments.com
<BLOCKED::blocked::http://www.minervaappointments.com/>

Address: 4 Graingers Way, Roundhouse Business Park, Leeds, LS12 1AH

Confidentiality

Copyright in this message and its attachments remains with us.  Their
contents are confidential and may be legally privileged. They are intended
solely for the person to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender, and delete the message from
your system immediately.  You must not read, copy or use the contents of the
e-mail nor disclose it or its existence to anyone else.

Please note that the Directors of this Company reserve the right to monitor
and read internal and external e-mails, even if they are marked private
and/or confidential.

Please note that communication by e-mail is not guaranteed as 100% secure.
If you wish to guarantee confidentiality, we recommend the use of personal
delivery or fax communication.  We do not accept any responsibility for loss
of confidentiality arising from use of e-mail.

Although we have checked this e-mail for viruses, it is not guaranteed to be
virus free and it is your responsibility to scan the message and attachments
prior to opening them.  We do not accept any responsibility for the
consequences of passing on any virus.