[Wylug-discuss] Re: Sound Recordings

Roger Beaumont roger.b at beaunet.force9.net
Wed Feb 1 01:41:49 GMT 2006

Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Chris
>
>>So how do I actually listen to them? I've tried various formats in
>>aplay (big/little endian, signed/unsigned) but all I hear is mush.
>>I've even tried "aoss play -t cdr sheflug-1.cdr", but that doesn't
>>do anything useful, either.
>
> From ManLUG....
>
> Chop off the .cdr bit and replace with .iso.  Then create images from
> that.  I made the sound recording myself but the format was created
> at Manchester Computing Centre.
>
> They claim that images burnt from .iso will work.  Other than that Jim
> has or had a set.

The above works with X-CDRoast: change the extension to .iso, then tell
X-CDRoast that images can be found in the directory where the file(s)
is/are.  They are picked up as image files and can be burnt directly to a
(data) CD - which contains the files that the 'mount... ls' suggestion
shows, ready for mounting.  The CD is 'doze compatible, if that is
significant to anyone.

Thanks to Sheflug and the earlier contributors for enabling me here.

Roger