[Wylug-discuss] Mail Clients

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 18:48:19 GMT 2006

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 09:32:30AM +0000, JConner at ssp-uk.com wrote:

> Didn't Evolution make it in the list?  The Gnome chaps won't be happy...

 ... mmm ... they might increase the uptake of evolution if they
 bothered to provide some decent documentation of the evolution server
 tools ... and supported all the interoperability standards.

For years, I've been trying to find a sustainable mail, calendaring and
scheduling solution on Linux, cos it's what organisations (for-profit
and not-for-profit) need.

I think I've tried just about every plausible alternative
(component-based or integrated) and they all fail on some crucial
feature (either because the feature's not there or because it doesn't
meet basic performance criteria, e.g. good busy/available scheduling or
standards-compliant web interfaces).

I've long thought of giving the whole evolution-groupwise-hula family a
whirl, if only because it seems to mimic the exchange-outlook way of
working that so many potential Windows converts are adicted to.

Every time I've been tempted, I've been immediately stumped by precisely
zero documentation  ... anyone know if this state of affairs has
improved?

Dave