[Wylug-discuss] Re: [Wylug-help] Lost network printing

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 19:07:57 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 11 Jan 2006 15:02, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > So do you set that in client.conf?  Or on the server?  I've never
> > done it that way, so I need guidance.  In the past setting the
> > server in client.conf has always allowed me to find the printers.
> > OTOH, if printing from the CL works, they *are* being found.  It
> > does seem to be just kde.  All help gratefully received, as always.
> >  I'll also ask on the kde lists.
>
> I agree with your thinking.  Try just deleting all the lines from the
> printcap file.  Mine is completely empty, and printing works
> perfectly from within GNOME.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work here, and now.  It worked at the moment
of installation and until a couple of days ago.  I've no idea what
upset it.  I've asked on the kde-linux list, since it does appear to be
a kde problem. If I get anything useful I'll pass it on, for the sake
of the archives.

Anne