email delays posting to list originaly Re: [Wylug-discuss] testing (sorry)

david powell dave at whipy.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 13:34:53 GMT 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 9:44 am, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 02:00 +0000, david powell wrote:
> > 3 hrs , on same server  !!!!
> >
> > there is a lug mail server problem there by the looks of it
>
> You are, of course, welcome to provide another server.
only got one machine here that is not quite spare
but doubt it would be sutable

amd athlon 2Ghz 768mb ram
but a intermitant problem in that it crashes
in windows about once every 3 to 4 hrs
in linux almost once every 24 hrs
its ether a mobo or cpu problem
got it running my cnc machine so would need
to replace it with another pc
been meaning to sort it out for some time ,

althugh i have  got a p4 1.6Ghz cpu and mobo
but no ram if a p4 1.6Ghz would be fast enough for it that is

theres a slight fault on that mobo , that should be easy to fix ,
(some of the smothing caps have dryed out and need replacing )
if i can get some spare ones i will be able to fix it but if not that leaves a
p4 1.6Ghz cpu , heatsink and fan , that i would be willing to donate

dave