[Wylug-discuss] Yesterday's WYLUG meeting.

Duncan Entwisle duncan.entwisle at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 13 19:35:31 BST 2006

Yesterday's meeting was the first I've attended: thanks, it was very
interesting. (Unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to stick
around, as I had to catch the train home.)

I've been trying to remember if Alex Hudson explained how he got from
the Word document to the document in his micro-format (i.e. whether he
used some form of computerised-voodoo, or had a team of slaves to
transcribe the documents across)?

Ian Lynch's talk was also interesting for its insight into OpenOffice
(and open-source generally) in education. I would have loved to have a
more in-depth view of what teachers/children actually need. The only
experience I have of computing from school were a few BBCs and a
RM-380Z, and then they were really technology looking for a problem to
solve. I'd be interested to see how they've been integrated since then.

Duncan.