[Wylug-discuss] It's quiet today.

Nick Thomas nicholas.thomas at concoursesystems.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 18:16:21 BST 2006

Wow, the list has gone quiet.
I presume everybody is working hard, or on holiday, or working hard at
enjoying a holiday!

As a bit of humourous relief I have been wondering; Some of you may have had
a laugh recently about the "Windows Genuine Advantage" programme, where an
automatic update onto another well known operating system may inform you
that you have not contributed financially to making B. Gates the richest man
in the world. This comes in the form of an annoying "nagware" popup window
stating "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting.". Or, to put it
another way "You thieving swine".

Now, I was wondering if Linux (or Cygwin) could/should try to keep up with
the opposition by releasing a similar popup application which simply states
"Congratulations, this is a genuine version of Linux", or something similar.

Clearly, this would have no practical use what so ever, apart from making me
smile every time I see it :)

Sorry for the OT subject matter. Back to work.

Regards

Nick

Nick Thomas
Senior Software Engineer