[Wylug-discuss] Request for (short?) talk

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Mar 18 15:08:33 GMT 2006

I was looking into the possiblity of installing mailfilter, so reading docs.
As I read the section on denying Asian character sets I realised that I only
half understood the explanations of the expressions so -

Could someone give an Introduction to Regular Expressions, covering the most
used/needed concepts, some mention of common places that they are used, and
maybe some ideas on the best way to safely practise skills?

In my recent experience, my attempt to write an expression to omit certain
things from a log file failed miserably, and I don't know whether it was a
faulty expression or some other reason.  What's worse, I don't know how/where
to find out, other than by pestering people.

Anne