[Wylug-discuss] desktop background image

Seb James seb at esfnet.co.uk
Fri May 12 09:21:39 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 14:42 +0100, Stephen wrote:
> On 10 May 06, Seb James (seb at esfnet.co.uk) wrote:
> > I'm trying to find a small program which can set the desktop background
> > using a tiled image. There are plenty out there, but many require gnome
> > dependencies and so on.
>
> xsetbg (part of xloadimage), think it just needs X :)

Yes, that's the perfect program. Thanks Stephen! xsetbg is a symlink to
xloadimage (on my gentoo system anyhow) and xloadimage just links to
libjpeg and libpng for image decoding and some X libraries.

Spot on.

Seb

--
Embedded Software Foundry Ltd. 'Embedded Linux Development'
Tel: +44 (0)845 4580277   Web: http://www.esfnet.co.uk/