[Wylug-discuss] trying to find 2 programs (& not having much joy)

Stephen Patterson steve at patter.mine.nu
Mon Sep 18 11:41:38 BST 2006

I'm looking for a couple of very specific PIM-ish applications but haven't had
too much success, maybe I'm just looking for the wrong thing :)

What I'm trying to find (preferably stand-alone as I don't run KDE or gnome and
already have email sorted out) are: an addressbook for postal addresses & phone
numbers, and a calendar program that can understand vCal/iCal files, preferably
from remote servers (though I can hack round that).

I've tried the firefox calendar extension but thats very unreliable on syncing
remote calendars (and they're abandoning the vCal standard in future) and the
kde korganizer one doesn't remember the calendar site login :)

any suggestions, even pre-gnome/pre-X software?

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: E3E8E974 :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"At night, the razor weasels come."