[Wylug-discuss] Virgin/NTL broadband - mail relay performance

Andrew J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Sun Aug 19 14:13:08 BST 2007

Looking thro my .mailrc I see hardly any Virgin/NTL/TeleWest addresses
so I don;t have a measure of Virgin/NTL smtp performance.

Whilst setting up Outlook for my colleagues I noticed that the advertised
Virgin/NTL smtp relay(s) frequently and repeatedly rejected connections.

Now I also notice that I am seeing "could not send message for past 4
hours" warnings for about 50% of my messages to them and I have even
seen a couple of "permanent delivery errors".

Is ntlworld.com's smtp performance as crap as its administration?

Andrew