[Wylug-discuss] maintenance

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 19 14:18:36 BST 2007

On Sunday 19 Aug 2007, Andrew J Cole wrote:
> >                                           Also is there any routine
> >maintenance I should be doing in Linux specifically Ubuntu?
>
> The occasional backup of impartant data perhaps?

I'd also recommend cleaning out the /tmp directory from time to time.  I do it
with a weekly cron.

        tmpwatch --mtime --verbose --verbose 168 /tmp

<quote>
You may not want the --verbose, and check the manpage for the --mtime
option, but basically this deletes all files in /tmp that have not been
modified for 168 hours or more.
</quote>

Anne