[Wylug-discuss] Eee pc - proprietary badness

Towle, William william.towle at echostar.com
Mon Dec 17 14:34:08 GMT 2007

>= Nigel Metheringham:
> On 9 Dec 2007, at 17:50, John Leach wrote:
> > Additionally, they appear to have violated the GPL by not releasing
> > source code that they should have.  This might not be on
> purpose, but
> > I'm not sure which explanation I prefer: malice or incompetence.
>
> This has been fixed.

  ...although if you're a purist, you might not like the fact it's
running Xandros given they've got a Microsoft deal - a none too
widely-reported detail considering the number of articles I've seen
about running Ubuntu et al on it.

  I'll be hoping this is overhyped a tad (and kicking myself that I
had actually noticed and then forgot). With related articles:
	http://boycottnovell.com/2007/11/26/xandros-tax/

Wills.

PS. How come all these "proper pronounciation" guides are video-
only, meaning I can't watch behind our proxy? Gah. Although I like
David's suggestion it's not "Triple E" but Eee PC -> "E"s e PC
-> Easy Peasy. Well spotted that man!