[Wylug-discuss] Read-only Firewall/Router Kit and Distro Advice Wanted

Tom Hall thattommyhall at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 14:34:38 GMT 2007

Any off the shelf router prob runs linux anyway. I have used Linksys
and d-link in the past and all have worked. I currently use the one
Sky gave me when I got ADSL from them.
If you need more features, OpenWRT is a replacement firmware for a few
different routers and very configurable http://openwrt.org/ .
A replacement firmware with most features you would want and a good
web admin is DD-WRT http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/index.php , they
have a shop if you cant be arsed hunting down compatible routers and
patching the firmware yourself.
No moving parts, simple to configure, does all I need, costs less than
50 quid, would be my criteria and either does that.

Tom