[Wylug-discuss] Pathetic advocacy or not...

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 16:28:21 GMT 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 04:02:05PM +0000, Phil Driscoll wrote:
> ...the community's combined efforts seem to have had some effect!
> http://www.computeractive.co.uk/personal-computer-world/news/2174199/microsoft-standards-bid-faces

I'd be surprised if the the lobbying effort hadn't tipped the balance.

In cases like this, where a small, but open committee, makes a purely
precedural decision (about whether to fast track or not), pretty much
any vociferous interst group can win a delay ... no matter how
incompetent their lobbying tactics.

That's one of the reasons that I thought that this might be a good test
case.

I should say, however, that in this instance, the submissions that I
read were universally good.

Dave