[Wylug-discuss] MS Office XML and ISO Standardisation

mikeb at gbdirect.co.uk mikeb at gbdirect.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 15:20:55 GMT 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 02:31:50PM +0000, Gareth Eason wrote:
> mikeb at gbdirect.co.uk wrote:
> > What Dave says is what I understand to be the case.
> [snip]
>
> 	Just a note of thanks to all who petitioned the BSI requesting an
> objection be made to the Fast Tracking of the ECMA-376 / 476
> standardisation.
>
> 	We at ILUG (Irish Linux User Group) sent a letter to the NSAI here in
> the Ireland and I was most disappointed to see that Ireland was not one
> of the countries to raise an objection.
>
> 	We will keep trying :)
>
> 	Best regards,
> 	-->Gar

If you can find a friendly TD or journalist who will now go and ask the NSAI some pointed
questions about how they manage stakeholder representation, it might embarrass them to do something
during the subsequent stages. It would be worth asking how a technically literate nation like Ireland failed
to spot any of the objections raised by the 19 nations that DID actually do something :)

Mike

--
Mike Banahan - http://www.gbdirect.co.uk - Tel 0870 200 7273, Mobile 07970 942590