[Wylug-discuss] Extreme programming club

David Turner david.turner at erudine.com
Mon Jan 8 13:59:32 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I am long term lurker on this list (through various email accounts)

I have been interested in extreme programming for quite a while and have
been using various agile methods in my day to day job for the last two
years. Whilst I am not an expert, I consider myself to have some domain
knowledge and a desire to learn more.

My employee's, Erudine (www.erudine.com) are also fanatical about good
software development methods and they have agreed to sponsor an extreme
programming club where we are hoping people can come together, network,
and generally discuss IT issues related to extreme programming.
(although not necessarily exclusively XP - if someone wants to wax
lyrically about the joys of ruby then I for one will listen.). Drinking
real ale in one of my favourite pubs is something I am willing to endure
for the greater good.

So I would like to invite any interested parties to the Victoria Hotel
on Thursday the 8th February at 7pm. My employees are even threatening
to lay on some food!

We are thinking of having the meeting once a month in Leeds initially,
although I hope this will become the Yorkshire XP club and as such will
visit other cities/ towns around our great county.

We are in the process of setting up a website -
http://www.extremeprogrammingclub.com/ - still work in progress. We also
have got a blog at http://extremeprogrammingclub.blogspot.com/ that you
can go to.

I would love some feedback either to this thread or at the blog. Do
people think this is a good idea/ a bad idea/ would people like short
talks (maybe 20 minutes) about aspects of extreme programming or just an
informal gathering. If  you  would like talks/ presentations what kind
of topics would be of interest?. Would anyone be interested in doing a
talk?

Cheers

David Turner (wearing my underpants on the outside of my trousers)