[Wylug-discuss] PDA's in schools

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 19:36:42 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 16:54, Mike Goodman wrote:
> Hi, Folks,
>
> What the OS community and advocates do not have is a huge "PR" - for
> which read slush - fund.

Is that really necessary?  The OS community manage a lot without that kind of
budget.  I would suggest that, much more importantly, we are not particularly
good at 'selling' and we are disorganised.  Here is an example of my
thinking.

This month's Linux Format carries a letter deploring the BBC's attitude to
Linux.  I'm sure that some of you, like me, have already written to the BBC
about this, but occasional drips don't do much good.  There is a web page for
complaints, according to the editor's reply, at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints.
How much more likely are they to take notice if all the LUGs in the country
asked their members to use that page on a specific week?

Anne