[Wylug-discuss] Has Mandriva regained the polish? was Re: [Wylug-help] Edimax Print Server Configuration

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jan 20 12:30:58 GMT 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I'm thinking of issues such as the one I've just been fighting.  I use xawtv
> to monitor recording from my analogue camcorder.  In MDV it just worked.  In
> Fedora I have to find the framebuffer address and pass it to v4l - and it
> doesn't stick.  I have to do it every day that I want to record.

I'm never convinced that changing distros ever really ends up solving these
little niggles.  I'm more convinced about changing distros because of grander
direction differences.  Partly out of convincing students not to reinstall and
change distro with every slightest problem.

What capture card do you use?  Have you tried tvtime instead of xawtv?

jh

--
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the
  other poor dumb bastard die for his country."