[Wylug-discuss] 'Pathetic' FLOSS Advocacy - Put it to the test?

Will Newton will at misconception.org.uk
Wed Jan 24 22:23:55 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 21:25, Dave Fisher wrote:

Hi Dave,

> I tend to think that if less than 5 percent of wylug members are
> willing/able to report that they have written such a letter, it's not
> unreasonable to question our capabilities as an open source advocacy
> group.

Perhaps it would be better to measure quality and not quantity?

For example, is it better to deluge an MP with a mass of pro forma letters or
a small number of well crafted thoughtfully argued pieces? Indeed if the
volume of response is great enough the better letters could well be lost in
the noise.

I personally won't be writing a response, not because I don't care or agree
with the points you and others have made, but because I don't feel I have a
sufficiently interesting perspective from which to add anything to the
debate - I don't work with office tools regularly enough.