[Wylug-discuss] 'Pathetic' FLOSS Advocacy - Put it to the test?

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 14:55:01 GMT 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 11:14:45AM +0000, John Hodrien wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> 2. If they are willing to do something about [it], they should do it well.
>>
>> That's a bit of a vague and general statement, that applied almost to
>> anything.  The individual has the right to do it badly if they so choose.
>
> Sure, I'd never deny people the right to cock something up (unless it
> significantly damages others), but what would be the point in
> deliberately trying to campaign badly?

I wasn't meaning that you'd do it deliberately.

It just sounded a bit like:

Don't whinge unless you've lobbied and don't lobby unless you're going to
lobby really well.

jh

--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then
  you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have