[Wylug-discuss] ZFS links

Tom Hall thattommyhall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:56:37 BST 2007

I didn't do this last time as I wanted to follow up every bit of the
pub discussion with relevant links about stuff we spoke about (I now
realise that discussion ranged so far that ill never achieve that)
Here are the files (bar vids and isos) that are on the DVDs I gave out
www.thattommyhall.com/ZFS.zip , www.thattommyhall.com/zfs.tar.gz has a
slightly different version of the presentation from last time (done
from linux, I am not kidding about the amount of inertia around
rebooting for me - which reminds me about
http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

For the Vids go to http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/zfs_learning_center.jsp

http://learningsolaris.com/archives/2005/11/17/zfs_links/
Is fairly comprehensive, see also http://del.icio.us/thattommyhall/zfs

http://martinman.net/software/nexenta
has a superb demo of zones in nexenta, he has more vids available here
http://martinman.net/category/conferences/

I also spoke to a few guys on both occasions about my CS curriculum
for the next few years
http://del.icio.us/thattommyhall/courses , particularly
http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/classes/6.001/abelson-sussman-lectures/
Which is mind bending.

Things like
http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/classes-cs.html
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Brain-and-Cognitive-Sciences/index.htm
Blow me away also and is a nice step beyond the de-facto sharing that
having notes on the web creates.

Ill stop now before I spend an evening rambling on at you (again...)

All the very best, looking forward to the social, Tom