[Wylug-discuss] Job: Junior Developer + Support ...additional post

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Tue Jun 19 16:54:37 BST 2007

Hi All,

[ Updated: We're actually looking for another person, in addition to
the person recruited the first time I posted this. ]

I think it's been established that relevant job ads are ok on the lists. If
there's any lurking final year undergrads on the list, this would make a good
first job to go for........

We have the following position available here at aql:

Award winning Leeds based telecoms company, aql, is looking for new a new
support engineer / junor developer, working from their leeds city centre
offices.  You will start in a customer facing role, providing support, problem
solving and advising our customers. As your experience grows, aql have a wide
range of hardware and software based projects in which you will be involved.

You will be required to provide front line technical support, whilst designing,
documenting and testing cutting edge telecommunication solutions.

What we will give you?

You will work in a friendly, supportative environment, where you get to take on
tasks and projects which both test you and increase your knowledge in the
relative fields, whilst always having someone to turn to for help. You will
gain experience of:

- Mysql databases
- Scripting (in php amongst other languages)
- Building and maintaining webpages
- Internet services (POP3, Hosting, DNS)
- VoIP (SIP, SER, Asterisk)
- Unix/Linux
- Text Messaging (building SMS gateways, MMS, WapPush, Shortcodes)
- Customer Support
- Interacting with major UK mobile networks

Skills required

Essential:
- Willingness to learn
- Teamwork as well as the ability to work on your own
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with SQL

Would be to your benefit:
- Customer Service Experience